Sunday, March 30, 2008

Slow Cooker Lentil Stew

Okay, I am so in love with my slow cooker. Its sort of magical in a way...I fill it with an assortment of ingredients and a liquid in the morning and then go about my day. When dinnertime comes I open the lid and BAM. Piping hot meal, ready for me to eat. I don't even have to stir the thing! So today I decided to make some lentil stew with foods I had lying around the house.

Ingredients:
1 bag of lentils
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
2 Roma tomatoes
3-4 cups vegetable stock
2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
Garam masala (to taste, I think I used around 2 teaspoons maybe?)
Cumin (again, to taste)
Salt
Cinnamon (I added probably 1/2 teaspoon)

Instructions:
Add ingredients to slow cooker. I put the lentils on the bottom, followed by the onion, garlic, carrots, celery and tomatoes. Pour vegetable stock over this until its covered. Turn slow cooker on low, leave for 6-8 hours or until lentils are soft and stew-like, and you're done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fab! been looking for veggie slow cooksr recipes for ages, never knew when to add the lentil, thank you